Published on Saturday, 21 April 2018
Australia Day with Public Holiday on 28th January
Balonne Shire residents are being urged to put their thinking caps on and nominate community members for the 2019 Australia Day Awards.
Mayor Richard Marsh said planning was under way for next year’s event which would be held in Thallon.
“Our shire is home to many wonderful people who do so much for our community and these awards are one way to acknowledge them and their efforts,” he said.
“There are also many events that have been held and are worthy of nomination.
“I am looking forward to seeing you all in Thallon next year to celebrate what’s great about Australia.”
This year Council invites nominations for the following awards:
• Citizen of the Year Award (over 18 years)
• Young Citizen of the Year Award (under 18 years)
• Community Event Award
• Community Service Award
• Sports Achievement Medallion (over 18 years)
• Sport Achievement Medallion (under 18 years)
• Sport Achievement Medallion (Administrator, etc)
• Cultural Achievement Medallion (over 18 years)
• Cultural Achievement Medallion (under 18 years)
Nomination forms and guidelines can be found on Council’s website at www.balonne.qld.gov.au/australia-day or collected from the Council Office.
Nominations close on Friday, 16 November 2018 at 4pm.
Rate this article:
Number of views (72)